Instagram, the popular social media platform, has recently gotten a cool new feature update! allowing users to share video Notes in their Notes status. A year ago, on December 13, 2022, Instagram launched the Notes feature, which allows users to post only text of up to 60 characters or emojis to their status updates.
But now, Instagram is allowing users to add a 2-second video note to their updates, that will be visible to your followers or Close Friends for 24 hours. This change is a big deal because it lets people be more creative. Now, when you make a Note, you can put in videos as well. This helps you connect better with your friends and followers.
In October, Instagram’s chief Adam Mosser initially showed the feature.
How to Add a Video Status on Instagram Notes
1. First open your Instagram and go to your DM.
2. There, click on your profile picture right below the Search option where it says ‘Your Note’.
3. On the next screen, you’ll find options to write text, add music, or record a video (shown as a camera icon). Click on the camera icon.
4. Then, a circular video frame will open up. There, tap the record button to record a two-second video.
5. Once, you record your video, you can choose to add text and then publish it. Now, it can be visible to your friends and followers for 24 hours.
Even though your friends could reply to Notes using text before, now they can do more. They can now reply to Notes using audio, photos, videos, gifs, and stickers. If you reply to a friend’s Note with a photo or sticker, it goes to them as a direct message (DM).