How To Fix Corrupted SD Card, hello Trickyworlds Readers !!!!! I hope you are liking our posts. so today we have come back with another post, How To Fix Corrupted SD Card Using Android Phones ( 100% Guaranteed )
We spend hours to get our storage back to working condition but get nothing. This article covers various ways that will help you repair your corrupted pen drive or SD card.
For an SD card, you must insert it into the slot provided in your computer or using a card reader. If you have a MicroSD card, use an adapter. If you connect a device like an SD card to a smartphone or camera it will not work. Check out these different methods. How To Fix Corrupted SD Card
1. Repair corrupted Pen Drive or SD card using CMD
2. Change the drive letter
3.How to fix a corrupted SD card or Pen Drive using Windows Explorer
4.Disable the SD Card
5.using MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition
6.Tips to avoid sd memory card getting corrupted
1.Fix Corrupted SD Card And Pendrive Using CMD
This process involves a Windows command prompt commonly known as CMD. In this, you will have to enter some CMD commands and Windows will forcefully format your corrupted pen drive / SD card. How To Fix Corrupted SD Card
1. Connect a corrupted pen drive or SD card to your computer.
2. Click your mouse on the Start button and right-click.
3. Click Command Prompt (Admin). A CMD window will open.
4. Type disk part and press enter.
5. Type the list disk and press Enter. A list of all storage devices connected to your computer will be displayed.
6. Select the disk and press enter. (Example: select disk 1). Important: Make sure you have entered the number correctly. Otherwise, you can format your internal hard drive. You can type the disk again to check if you are going correctly. The selected disc will be preceded by a star (asterisk).
7. Type clean and press enter.
8. Type Create Partition Primary and press Enter.
9. Type active.
10. Type selection partition 1.
11. Type in the format fs = fat32 and press Enter. The format process will end in a few minutes. If you want to move files larger than 4 gigabytes, you can write NTFS instead of fat32. Do not close CMD How To Fix Corrupted SD Card
2. Changing the drive letter
Sometimes your computer is unable to assign drive storage characters (such as C, D, E) to your storage media. For this reason, the files on it cannot be accessed. To solve this problem, you can assign a drive letter to your device. How To Fix Corrupted SD Card
Here are simple ways to fix a corrupted pen drive or memory card by assigning the correct drive letter:
1. Connect your storage media to your computer.
2. Right-click on My Computer / This PC. Click Manage in the drop-down menu.
3. Click Disk Management on the left and wait a few seconds so that Windows can load the virtual disk service.
4. Right-click on your storage media and click on Change Drive Letter and Path.
5. Click on the drive letter (it will turn blue) and click on Change.
6. Select a drive letter from the drop-down list. Click OK.
- Recommended: learn to hack any wifi 100% guranteed
3. How to fix a corrupted SD card or Pen Drive using Windows Explorer
Windows 10 (and earlier versions) comes with an in-built SD card repair tool that can be accessed through Windows Explorer. So, in the following steps, I am going to show you how to format a corrupt SD card or pen drive:
1.Open My Computer or This PC.
2. Right-click a corrupt SD card or USB drive.
3. Click Format in the drop-down menu.
4. Click Restore Device Defaults in the popup window.
5. Click Start to start the format process. If you want the computer to deeply scan the drive/card for errors, you can uncheck the Quick Format option, but it will take time. Therefore, only uncheck it if the first attempt fails.
6. Click OK in the next dialog box that will warn you that data will be lost. The formatting process will be completed in a few moments, and you’ll have your error-free SD card or pen drive.
4. Disable the SD Card
How To Fix Corrupted SD Card To use this solution, you need to follow the steps below after connecting the SD card to the computer:
1.Connect your sd card or Pendrive to computer
2. Go to Device Manager and locate the SD card.
3. Right-click the memory card, and then choose Disable.
4. Wait for a few minutes and then choose Enable. It may be necessary to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
5. using MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition
1. Download MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition by clicking the below button. Install it on your computer and launch it to get the main interface.
2. On the main interface, select the partition on your SD card and choose Check File System from the left action pane.
3. Choose Check & fix detected errors and then click the Start button to check and fix the corrupted SD card immediately.
- Check only: the SD card repair tool will check the SD card for logical hard drive errors but it will not fix the errors during the process.
- Check & fix detected errors: the SD card repair tool will check and fix any detected hard drive errors on the SD card automatically.
4. After it is finished, close the SD card repair software. Then you can check if the SD card works as usual.
Tips to avoid sd memory card getting corrupted:
1. Never remove your SD memory card without ejection.
2. Choose some trusted brands of SD cards, such as Kingston, Sandisk, Samsung, Toshiba, etc.
3. Never eject your SD memory card when deleting / copying / transferring data.
4. Never take out your SD card when your mobile phone or camera is on.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you retrieve items from a corrupted SD card?
Recover data from a corrupt SD card. After making the SD card accessible, you can try EaseUS disk data recovery software to retrieve your files in just 3 steps. Stop using your SD card immediately after you lose files on it.
2. Why SD card is corrupted?
A corrupt or damaged SD card does not allow you to access the data stored on it. One of the common causes of this error is; The possibility of a file format change during data transfer or your SD card has developed some bad areas.
3. Can you recover photos from a corrupted SD card?
The SD card on your digital camera or Android phone may be corrupted and your photos may be unavailable. Indeed, as long as your SD card is not physically damaged, you still have the chance to recover photos from your corrupted SD card using the reliable data recovery software – the EazeUS Data Recovery Wizard.
4. How can I repair my SD card without formatting?
Yes, You can repair your sd card or pen drive without formatting it. You can see all the above process to recover.