If you are a Chromebook user, you may be wondering if there is a way to get emoji characters. Luckily, there is. Chromebooks run on the Chrome OS and in the past few years, Google has done a fantastic job at improving Chrome OS and bringing much-needed functionalities like there is a built-in tool to record a screen on Chromebook and also comes with emoji support. In fact, the emoji keyboard in Chromebook has improved and now supports kaomoji, currencies, symbols, and more. So in this guide, we will explain How To Get Emojis On Chromebook and use them.
How to use emojis on Chromebook
If you want to get and use emojis on a Chromebook, you don’t have to install a third-party app. Emojis are fairly easy to use in Chrome OS compared to other operating systems like Windows and macOS. There are three easy ways to get emojis on a Chromebook. So, let’s dive in!
Get Emojis on a Chromebook Using Keyboard Shortcut
The best and one of the easiest ways to use emojis on a Chromebook is through the on-screen keyboard shortcut. Here’s how to do that:
1. In Chrome OS 92 or later, you can use the “Search (Launcher Key) + Shift + Space” shortcut to open the emoji keyboard on your Chromebook.
2. This will open up the emoji pop-up window, where you will find all the smileys and emoticons you can use on your Chromebook.
3. You can also search and find emojis of your choice. In fact, the emoji pop-up also comes with symbols, flags, and kaomoji on Chromebooks.
Use Emojis on a Chromebook Using the Trackpad
1. Instead Of using Keyboard Shortcut, you can get emojis on a Chromebook using your mouse or trackpad, move the cursor to the text field where you want to insert the emoji. Right-click the text field, and select the “emoji”.
2. This will open the Emoji keyboard on your Chromebook, allowing you to select an emoji easily. But keep in mind, the emoji keyboard disappears after one click, so if you’re going to reuse it, you’ll need to follow the steps again.
Use Emoji With a Touchscreen
If you have a touchscreen Chromebook then this is the best method for you to use emojis on the touchscreen Chromebook. Chrome OS has an on-screen keyboard built-in just like smartphones, users can type emojis on touchscreen Chromebooks by tapping the “emoji” icon on the keyboard.
1. First, you need to enable the on-screen keyboard. To enable the on-screen keyboard, open Settings on your Chromebook. In the left panel, click Advanced. Click Accessibility in the expanded advanced settings.
2. Then, click Manage accessibility features. Now go to the keyboard and text input section, and enable the “On-screen keyboard” toggle to enable the feature.
3. Once you’ve enabled the on-screen keyboard, You will find a keyboard icon at the bottom right on the Chrome OS Shelf. Click on the icon to open the on-screen keyboard.
4. This is what the emoji keyboard looks like on a touchscreen Chromebook.
Emojis are a great way to add a touch of creativity, emotion, and personality to your messages on your Chromebook. By following the 3 methods given in this article, you can easily get and use emojis on a Chromebook.
Ans. Press the Search + Shift + Spacebar buttons on your keyboard to open up the emoji panel.
Ans. To get emojis on Chromebook, follow these steps:
1. Open the Chrome Web Store.
2. Search for an emoji extension, like “Emoji Keyboard.”
3. Click on “Add to Chrome” and then “Add extension” to install it.
4. Once installed, you can access the emoji keyboard by clicking on its icon in the Chrome toolbar.
By following these steps, you can easily get emojis on your Chromebook and improve your messaging experience.
Unfortunately, as of now, Chromebooks do not provide built-in options to customize the emoji panel.
Emojis can be used in most applications on Chromebooks, including text editors, messaging apps, and web browsers.
- How to Play Roblox on a School Chromebook in 2023
- How To Disable This Call Is Now Being Recorded
- How To Download Google Chrome On Steam Deck
- How To Stream Netflix On Discord (2023)
- 9 Best Cool Google Snake Game Mods You Should Try