Do you want to get rid of Riot Games’ popular shooter game Valorant? Maybe you are tired of playing this game for a long time. Or maybe you just need some space on your hard drive. Whatever the reason, uninstalling Valorant is not as easy as you might think.
You first need to disable and remove the game’s anti-cheat software, Vanguard. Otherwise, you will get an error message and the uninstallation will fail. In this article, I will show you how to properly uninstall Valorant and Vanguard in three simple steps.
Also, read How To Check VALORANT Purchase History
How to uninstall Valorant
Now, to completely remove Valorant from your Windows PC, follow the steps given below. Make sure to follow the steps in the given order.
Step 1. Disable Vanguard
The first step to uninstall Valorant is to disable Vanguard. Vanguard is an anti-cheat security software that is required to play Valorant and to completely uninstall Valorant, you need to disable and uninstall Vanguard first. Here’s how to do it.
1. First, click on your Windows system tray (arrow) icon located at the bottom right of your Windows.
2. Then, there you will see the Vanguard icon, right click on it and select Exit Vanguard.
3. Now, a popup will appear asking if you want to continue. Click “Yes”.
Step 2. Uninstall Vanguard
Once you stop Vanguard from the system tray, the next step is to uninstall it from your PC. To uninstall it follow the steps below.
1. In the Windows search bar, type “Add or remove programs” and open it.
2. Then, in the app list, scroll down and find Vanguard. There, click on it and click on the Uninstall button.
After that, follow the prompts on the screen to successfully uninstall Vanguard.
Step 3. Uninstall Valorant
After uninstalling Vanguard, now it’s time to uninstall Valorant. To do this, follow the steps given below.
1. In the Windows search bar, type “Add or remove programs” and open it. Like you did in step 2.
2. Then, in the app list, scroll down and find Valorant. There, click on it and click on the Uninstall button.
After that, follow the prompts on the screen to successfully uninstall valorant.
So this is it. This is how you can uninstall Valorant without any problem. However, if you change your mind and want to play Valorant again, you will need to reinstall the valorant. You can do this by visiting the official Valorant website.
Will I lose my progress, skins if I uninstall Valorant?
No, you will not lose your progress. Your rank, levels, skins, and other in-game items are saved on your Riot account, which is stored on the cloud.
Also, Read Other Useful Articles
- How To Copy Crosshairs In Valorant
- How To Redeem Valorant Codes & Gift Cards
- Palworld: 8 Beginner Tips & Tricks You Need To Know Before Playing