WhatsApp is one of the most popular and widely used messaging applications that connects people across the globe. One of its features includes displaying message timestamps in either a 24-hour or 12-hour time format.
While the 24-hour format is the default setting in many regions, some users may find the default 24-hour time format confusing or inconvenient, especially if they are used to the 12-hour format with AM/PM indicators. Fortunately, changing WhatsApp time format is not difficult, as it depends on the date and time settings of your device.
In this article, I will explain How To Change WhatsApp 24-hour Time Format to 12 hours. By following these simple steps, you can enjoy WhatsApp in your preferred time format.
Steps To Change WhatsApp 24-hour Time Format to 12-hour
Below are the steps to change WhatsApp’s 24-hour Time Format to 12 hours on your devices.
1. First, open your settings app on your Android or iPhone. Then, scroll down and tap on “Additional Settings” or “System Settings”.
2. Then, on the Additional Settings screen, tap on the “Date and Time” option. Or, you can also, search for the date and time setting on the setting search bar.
3. Next, in the Date and Time settings, toggle on “Set time automatically,” “Set time zone automatically,” and “Use location to set time zone”.
4. Also, if you want to manually change the WhatsApp 24-hour time format to the 12-hour format, select the 12-hour format in the Time Format option.
That’s it! After making the above changes, restart your devices. Once the restart is complete, open the WhatsApp application, and you’ll notice that the 24-hour format has been changed to the 12-hour format.
What To Do If WhatsApp Still Uses The 24-hour Time Format
If WhatsApp continues to use the 24-hour time format, you need to disable the “Set time zone automatically” option. Go to the Date and Time Settings, then toggle off the “Set time zone automatically” option. After that, restart your device.
Or, you can also reinstall the WhatsApp application on your device.
Changing WhatsApp time format from 24-hour to 12-hour is a simple and easy process Depending on the type of device you use, you can follow the steps given in this article, to adjust the date and time settings of your device and enable the 12-hour format on your WhatsApp.
Also, Read Other Useful Articles
- How To Tag Everyone In WhatsApp Group
- How To Hide Your Online Status On WhatsApp
- How To Share Files Anonymously Using OnionShare