YouTube, one of the largest video-sharing platforms globally, has made several changes to its interface and features. In November 2021, YouTube removed the dislike counter from videos, which means it will no longer allow you to see how many viewers have disliked a video.
But, some users are wondering how to see the number of Dislikes again on YouTube videos. If you’re one of those, then in this article, we will show you how to see dislikes on YouTube videos again.
Also, read How To Disable YouTube Shorts
How To See Dislikes On YouTube
To see YouTube dislikes again, you can either use the YouTube Revanced app or add an extension called “Return YouTube Dislikes” to your web browser. Both of these methods are working fine. Here’s how you can use it.
Restore YouTube Dislikes With YouTube Revanced App ( Android users)
You can see the dislikes again on YouTube in a few simple steps using the YouTube Revanced application. It is a free version of the YouTube premium app.
It gives you YouTube Premium features at no cost, such as background play, blocking sponsorships, removing ads, and it even lets you turn on the dislike counter on YouTube videos.
However, YouTube Vanced has been discontinued because of legal issues with Google. We also don’t recommend you use YouTube ReVanced.
But if you really want to enable the dislike counter again, you can think about using this app. To turn on the dislikes counter on videos, follow the steps below.
1. First of all, download the YouTube ReVanced application from here.
2. After downloading the application, install it on your device and open the application.
3. After that, Tap on the “profile icon” at the top right corner and select “Settings”.
4. Scroll down until you find the “Return Youtube Dislike” option and click on it.
5. In the YouTube dislike setting, turn on the “Return Youtube Dislike” option and then restart the app.
Now, go to any videos, and there you will see the YouTube dislike counter displayed again.
Restore YouTube Dislikes With a Browser Extension
You can bring back dislikes on YouTube easily by using a browser extension named “Return YouTube Dislike“. By installing and activating this extension in your web browser, you regain access to the dislike count feature that YouTube recently hidden.
The extension works on Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Opera, and Brave. The extension uses a stored combination of cached data that was gathered before YouTube disabled access to the dislike function in its API.
Here’s how to install it on any browser.
1. First of all, visit the “Return YouTube Dislike“ website and choose your web browser. Here I’m using Chrome, so I’ll click on the Chrome option.
2. Here, click on the “Add to Chrome,” option and then click on “Add Extension.”
3. Once you click on the “Add Extension,” it will start installing the extension in your browser.
4. After the extension is installed, you’ll be able to view the dislikes counter below the YouTube videos again.
That’s all! These were the steps to install the Return YouTube Dislike extension and bring back the Dislike counter in browsers.
That’s it for now. By following the steps in the article, you can easily bring back the dislike counter on videos. If you’re the video creator, you can check the content tab in YouTube Studio to see dislikes.
But if you’re a user and want to see dislikes, the best way is to install the YouTube Revanced app on your device.
Also, Read Other Useful Guides
- How To Record A Show On YouTube TV
- How To Delete Or Uninstall YouTube App From Your Device
- How To Turn Off Autoplay In YouTube