YouTube is a popular platform for watching and sharing videos online. Sometimes, you may want to share a specific part or moment of a video with someone else, instead of the whole video. For example, you may want to show them a funny scene, or a particular segment of a video. To do this, you can use a YouTube timestamp link, which is a link that starts the video at a specific time.
There are different ways to create and share a YouTube timestamp link, depending on whether you’re using a desktop browser or a mobile app. In this article, we’ll show you a step-by-step guide on how to do it both ways.
Also, Read How To See Dislikes Counts On YouTube Videos
How To Create A YouTube Timestamp Link On Desktop
If you’re using a desktop browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari, you can create a YouTube timestamp link by using the Share feature or by manually adding a code to the video URL. Here are the steps for both methods:
1. First, Open the YouTube video you want to share and play it or move through the timeline until you reach the exact moment you want to use in the timestamp, and then stop the video.
2. After that, Click the Share button below the video to open the sharing option.
3. Now, you will see a link with the Copy button. Before you copy the link, check the “Start at” box or optionally adjust the time if it isn’t correct.
4. Then, Copy the updated shortened video URL with the timestamp and Share this new URL with your friends or others.
That’s it. Now anyone who clicks it will see the video beginning at the timestamp you specified.
Manually Adding Code
1. Open the YouTube video you want to share and play it until you reach the exact moment you want to use in the timestamp, and then stop the video.
2. Now, click on the video’s URL in your browser’s address bar.
3. Then, Place your cursor at the end of the video’s URL and enter &t= followed by the timestamp you want. For example, if you want to add the timeline 1 minute 10 sec, add (&t=1m
10s) at the end of the URL.
4. If the URL already has a &t= at the end, then, only add your specific time after the equal sign.
After that, Copy the updated URL with the timestamp code and share it with others.
How To Create A YouTube Timestamp Link On Mobile
If you’re using the YouTube mobile app on your iPhone or Android device, you can create a YouTube timestamp link by manually adding a code to the video URL. Here are the steps:
1. First, Open the YouTube app and play the video you want to share.
2. Tap the Share button at the bottom of the video.
3. After that, a share menu will appear, tap on the Copy Link button.
4. Now, the video URL link will be copied to the clipboard. Simply paste it in the comment box, or anywhere you want, and then add “&t=” at the end of the link, followed by the time you want. For example (&t=50s) without bracket.
That’s it. After you add the code at the end of the video URL, you can send it to your friend or others. The video will start to play from the exact time you’ve set.
So, That’s all. Sharing a YouTube video link with a timestamp is a useful way to highlight a specific part of a video that you want others to see. You can do it easily using the Share feature or by manually adding a code to the video URL, depending on whether you are using a desktop browser or a mobile app. We hope this article helped you learn How To Share YouTube Video Link With Timestamp.
Also, Read Other Useful Articles
- How To Record A Show On YouTube TV
- How To Turn Off Autoplay In YouTube
- How To Disable YouTube Shorts: 5 Methods
- How To Reset Network Settings On Android, iPhone And Windows