How To Stop Discord From Opening On Startup, Stop Discord From Opening On Startup, Hello TrickyWorlds Readers!!!! I Hope You Are Liking And Reading Our Posts. Recently, We Have Shared How To Download Whatsapp Status. So, Today We Have Comeback With Another Latest post How To Stop Discord From Opening On Startup.
However, the applications running from startup would involve many resources like CPU and disk space, so it is required to disable Stop Discord From Opening On Startup.
Discord is a voice, video, and text chat app particularly created for gaming associations. As Discord app gives amazing features, its use isn’t restricted to gaming communities. It permits players to communicate with each other via text, videos, images, or voice, providing for an improved gaming experience.
Right now, even non-gamers are using this software as it has a user-friendly interface and has excellent features. Just like any other Windows application, Discord arises with a set of fundamental features including the auto-start at every login point as well.
Methods To Stop Discord From Opening On Startup:-
There Are Basically 2 Methods How To Stop Discord From Opening On Startup. These Methods Are Personally Used By Me And It Is 100% Working. You Just Need To Follow All My Methods.
Method 1:- By using the Discord App:– You can simply disable the Auto-Start feature of Discord by using the Discord app itself. However, this is only reasonable if you’re using the Discord app on Windows, as this feature is not available for the Discord app for Mac.
Method 2:- From your Windows PC/Mac settings:– This method can be applied to disable not only Discord but all the apps from opening at startup. But this method is different for Windows 7, 8, 10, and as well as for Mac users.
Method 1:- By Using The Discord App
If you’re questioning How To Stop Discord From Opening On Startup, you can try this method. In this way, you can simply disable the self-launch feature of Discord in a few clicks.
- Also, Read 1 Year Disney + Hotstar Vip Plan For Free
1. Click the Discord icon on your desktop to Launch the program.
2. Now, click on the Settings icon to open the user settings. It is At The Bottom Right Corner.
3. Next, scroll down settings options on the left side of the screen to find the Windows Settings option. Now, click on it.
4. Finally, in the Windows settings, toggle the Open Discord switch to OFF. This will be sufficient for How To Stop Discord From Opening On Startup on Windows.
Therefore, next time when you boot up your PC, Discord won’t start automatically as you have disabled the auto start of the Discord app.
Method 2:- From your Windows PC/Mac settings
Windows gives a way to reach the list of applications that are programmed to run at every startup, and you can control the items in Task Manager. How To Stop Discord From Opening On Startup with this tool? There is a step-by-step guide in the following Article.
The Methods to disable Discord on startup are different for Windows 7, 8, 10, and for Mac. So you can follow the steps according to the operating system you are using.
Note:- You won’t see the Discord option in the methods discussed below for Windows if you’ve previously turned off the auto start from the Discord app.
- Also, Read Free Fortnite Accounts For Free
Method For Windows 7 Users:-
1. Click on the start menu and type “MSConfig” in the search bar. Then, launch the System configuration app.
2. Now as you see on the app, click on the Startup tab.
3. On the startup tab, you’ll see a list of all the startup apps. Then, uncheck the Discord app and then click on Apply.
4. Finally, you’ll have to restart your PC to display the changes you’ve just made. And when you’ll restart, you’ll see that the Discord app will not start automatically.
Method For Windows 8/10 Users:-
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to run Task Manager. You can also right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager to open it.
2. In Task Manager, You Will See Startup Menu, Click on Startup tab.
3. Scroll down to find Discord application and select it. Then click Disable to stop it from opening on startup.
Exit Task Manager. Once it’s done, Discord won’t launch automatically when you start the computer next time. How To Stop Discord From Opening On Startup.
Method For Mac Users:-
1. On Mac, first, You Have To go to the Apple Menu by clicking on the Apple icon on the top left corner of the screen. From the menu, select System Preferences.
2. After that, from the Popup list of options, click on Users & Groups.
3. Now, in the Users & Groups option, go to the Login Items tab
4. From the Login items tab, select Discord and then click on the minus (-) icon
That’s it. Now the Discord app will stop troubling you whenever you start your system.
Here is the step-by-step tutorial on How To Stop Discord From Opening On Startup. If you find that it’s too disturbing that Discord starts automatically when you boot the computer, you can try one of the methods discussed above.
People Asked Questions:-
Q1. How To Stop Discord From Opening On Startup automatically?
Ans:- We have Discussed Above All The Methods Which Are Used To Disable Discord From Opening On Startup. Just Read All The Methods And Follow All The Steps.
- Also, Read How To Format Pendrive Using CMD