Are You Looking For The Solution For How To Change your Mac Address On Google? And Haven’t Found The Working Website That Solves Your Problem. Then You Are Landed On The Write Article.
In this Guide, You Are Going To See Full Information On How To Change the Mac Address Of Your Android Devices & Windows. I Am Pretty Sure After Reading This Article You Can Successfully Change your Mac Address without Any Problem.
Now, Before heading into the ‘How’ part of the article, let us see a brief intro about ‘What’ Is Mac Address.
- Also, Read How To Download Any Instagram Videos
What is MAC Address?
A Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a 12-character unique identifier assigned to a specific piece of hardware such as the network adapter of your WiFi device. In simple words, a MAC address can be used to uniquely identify your Android phone on the Internet or the local network.
If you are using your Android device or any device such as a Computer, Laptop you might be aware of the mac address. The mac address is 12 digits. Every electronic and wireless connection device is having mac address which is different in all Android devices and iPhone devices. I am going to tell you How to change the Mac Address of your Android device. Android is been one of the best-operating systems if you want to do any changes in the system.
Recently I learned the way you can Change the Mac Address of your Android device. Mac Address is one of the unique keys which is used to identify the network which you are using. Changing the mac address of your device can be used in many ways such as hacking someone’s WhatsApp account.
How To Find Mac Address On Androids, Windows, And iPhones
Well, I assume that a person who landed this page via Google search must be aware of the MAC address location on his device. However, if you don’t know where to find the MAC address of your device, you’ll find it under-
- On Android Devices: Settings > About phone or About device > Status > WiFi MAC Address.
- In Windows: Network & Internet settings > Network and Sharing Center > Click on your Wi-Fi connection > Go to Details
- And In iPhones: Settings > General > About > Wi-Fi Address
Change Mac Address on Android
There are two ways to change the MAC address on your Android device:
- With Root Access
- Without Root Access
Method 1 – Change Mac Address with Root Access
This is the method that can be performed only on Android devices on which you have root access. If the Root Checker app confirmed that your device has root access, then just read on. If not, skip to the next section where I will show you how to change the Mac Address on your Android device without having root access.
Firstly you Need To Download These Apps To work.
Checking Root Access
If you haven’t heard of the term ‘Root’ before, To check the root availability, download the Root Checker app from the given Above link
- Also, Read Hack Any Games With These Latest Cool Apps
The app is free and pretty basic. Open up the app, tap on ‘Verify Root’ and you will see your root status.
Note:– One of the things to take care of while assigning a new MAC address is that you should not change the manufacturer name. This is represented by XX:XX: XX, i.e, the first 6 places or digits. If you change these, you may face Wi-Fi authentication problems. So if your original mac address was a2:63:f4:h5:67: vt (it’s obviously made up), change it to something like a2:63:f4:YY:YY: YY. Where YY:YY: YY can be anything you want but also not just anything you want. You’ll need a valid MAC address. Now, of course, nobody keeps a list of valid MAC addresses in their pockets and it can be hard to guess.
You can try this MAC address generator for new MAC addresses.
✅ Change MAC Address Using ChameleMAC
ChameleMAC is an app that works with root access and isn’t available on the Google Play Store because it obviously violates some guidelines. Google can’t actively host apps that let users change MAC addresses. So you’ll just have to install it as an APK. You can download the APK from the link below. This app too only works if you have a device powered by a MediaTek chip.
- Download and install the APK from above and launch the app.
- Grant root permissions when asked for.
- There’s nothing much to the app. Right away you see a text input field with two buttons below it. One of the buttons says Generate random MAC while the other says Apply new MAC.
- Input the new MAC address in the text field and tap on Apply new MAC or tap on the Generate random MAC button if you want a random MAC address.
- On the confirmation box that pops up, tap Change to change the MAC address.
This method changes your MAC address permanently unless you manually change it back to what it was.
- Also, Read Get Real Instagram Followers For Free
✅ Change MAC Address Using Terminal
This method also requires the use of Terminal, so go ahead and download it from the link above if you haven’t already. Assuming you have both Terminal Window, ROOT, and Busybox on your device, follow the below steps:
Install Busy box on Android Devices And Grant Root Access
Just open BusyBox, tap on ‘Install’ and you are good to go. If you already have Busybox installed on your device, just ignore these steps.
Follow the below steps To change your Mac Address
1. Open the terminal window app and type the below commands and hit Enter.
2. If you have not already been granted access to the app, it will prompt you for root access. Tap ‘Allow’.
3. To know your current network interface name the below command ‘ip link show‘ and hit enter. Make note of your network interface name. For the purpose of this tutorial, I will consider ‘eth0‘ to be the interface name.
ip link show
4. Now, enter the below command and press enter. Your current MAC address will be displayed. This is just for your information.
busybox ip link show eth0
5. To change the MAC address, type the below command and hit enter. Change ‘XX:XX:XX:YY:YY: YY’ with any MAC address you desire.
busybox ifconfig eth0 hw ether XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY
6. You have successfully changed your MAC address! To check the same use the command. You should see the new MAC address you entered.
busybox iplink show eth0
Note that the MAC address change through this method is permanent and does not change upon device restart.
Method 2 – Change Mac Address without Root Access
Worry not, even if you don’t have root access. It is still possible to change your MAC address. Below is a step by step instructions to temporarily change the android MAC address without root access:
Limitations:— There are two limitations to this method. The first is, it almost always works only on devices with MediaTek processors. The second is, that the change is temporary. Your MAC address will go back to the original one if you restart your phone
1. Download an app called ‘Android Terminal Emulator‘ from the given above link.
2. Open the App. Type the Below Command
ip link show
3. Find your interface name from the list. For the purpose of this example, let us consider your interface name is ‘wlan0’. Now, type the below command in the terminal emulator to change the MAC address where you have to replace ‘wlan0’ with your own interface name and ‘XX:XX:XX:YY:YY: YY’ with the new MAC address you want to change to.
ip link set wlan0 XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY
4. Now go and verify if your MAC address has changed properly.
Change Mac Address On Windows
There are three ways to change the MAC address on Windows:
- Change your MAC address from Device Manager
- Using Registry Editor
- Use third-party tools to change your MAC address
Method 1 – Change your MAC address from Device Manager
1. Press Windows Key + X and select Device Manager from the list
2. Once Device Manager opens, locate your network adapter, right-click it and choose Properties
3. Once Properties window opens, navigate to Advanced tab and select Network Address from the list of Properties.
4. Select the Value option and enter any 12-character hexadecimal random value
5. Click OK to save changes.
As you can see, changing your MAC address is rather simple, but keep in mind that your actual physical MAC address remains the same. In case anything goes wrong you can simply revert to it by following the aforementioned steps. Just select Not Present in Step 4, and you’ll easily revert back to your default MAC address.
Method 2 – Using Registry Editor
In addition to Device Manager, you can also change your MAC address by using the Registry Editor. Bear in mind to change your registry carefully in order to avoid causing any potential problems.
- Also, Read Hack Facebook Account Easily
To change the MAC address of your network adapter using Registry Editor, do the following:
1. Open Command Prompt. You can open Command Prompt by pressing Windows Key + X and choosing Command Prompt from the menu.
2. When Command Prompt opens, type the below command and press Enter.
net config rdr
3. Locate the workstation active on and write down the number between the curly brackets. You’ll need that number for future steps, so write it down or don’t close Command Prompt. In our example, that number is 940216C4-6F3A-43F2-A968-A88A6413EC93, but it will be different on your PC.
4. Press Windows Key + R and enter Regedit. Press OK or Enter to start Registry Editor
5. When Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following key in the right pane:
Note:- While searching for this key you’ll see several similar keys, so pay extra attention and be sure to select the correct one.
6. You should see several folders with names such as 0000, 0001, etc. Each of these folders represents one network adapter on your PC. You’ll need to navigate through each of them in order to find your network adapter. To find your network adapter check the NetCfgInstanceId value to see if it matches the value that you got in Step 3. In our example it was 940216C4-6F3A-43F2-A968-A88A6413EC93, therefore folder 0002 matches our network adapter.
7. Right-click the folder that represents your adapter, in our case, it was 0002 but it can be a different folder on your PC, and choose New > String Value. Enter NetworkAddress as the name and double click NetworkAddress to open its properties
8. In Value Data enter your desired MAC address. Remember, it has to be a hexadecimal 12-character value.
9. Click OK to save changes.
10. Restart your computer or your network adapter to apply changes.
Method 3 – Using third-party tools to change your Mac Address
If you don’t want to do all these steps and to look for a more natural way out to change your MAC address, then there are third-party tools available like C that will do the job.
1. First, download the Technitium tool from the Given below link
2. Install and launch the application
3. It will greet with messaging saying the present file is not associated “.tpf” -> click yes to associate this file with the Technitium tool
4. On the next screen, the system will show all the network devices currently active along with their MAC addresses.
5. To change the MAC address of a specific adapter, select from the list and hit Random Mac Address to get a random MAC value -> click on the change now button to enable the changes
Why would you want to change it?
- The most important reason would be privacy. Anyone in your local Ethernet network can easily see your MAC address with simple tools. This gives a hacker to potentially keep track of your devices (and thus, you). This is a threat when you are on a public wireless network (hotels, airports, and even some coffee shops provide free wifi these days).
- If your original MAC address is public and revealed, a hacker can use it to impersonate you! On many networks, access is restricted based on IP address, so when you go offline, the hacker can use your MAC address and access the network as ‘you’
- If you want to access a network that limits access based on MAC address, you can change the MAC address on the device you want access to (with a MAC address that actually has access) and access the network.
- Internet Service Providers often your MAC address to identify and authenticate your internet connection. In case your network stops working and you have to get a new one, the network might not work as the new network card has a new MAC address. Here, instead of contacting your ISP, you can change the new network card’s MAC address to your old network card’s MAC address and start using it right away!
- Also, Read How To Hack Wifi Password On Android
The MAC address is an important element of computer networking. MAC addresses uniquely identify a computer on the LAN. MAC is an essential component required for network protocols like TCP/IP to function.
Computer operating systems and broadband routers support viewing and sometimes changing MAC addresses. Some ISPs track their customers by MAC address. Changing a MAC address can be necessary in some cases to keep an Internet connection working.
Changing MAC addresses may also increase privacy in some situations, though MAC addresses do not reveal any geographic or ISP location information like IP addresses do.
- Also, Read How To Hack Android Phones Easily Without Root
- Also, Read How To Hack Android Device With Termux