If you’re a Steam Deck user looking to install the best and most popular Chrome browser on your Steam deck but don’t know how to do it, and you might be wondering How to Download Chrome on Steam Deck. Then this article is for you.
In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to install Google Chrome on Steam Deck, so that you can enjoy all the features of Chrome like fast page loading times, smooth performance, etc. on your device.
Steam Deck does not come with a default browser. Also, there is no clear information on how to install a browser on your Steam Deck. But you don’t need to bother anymore, as we are here to help you. By following a few simple steps, you can easily download and install Chrome on your Steam deck, and start enjoying all the benefits of this Chrome browser.
How to Download Chrome on Steam Deck (Simplest Method)
For those users who are new to the Steam Deck, the Steam OS actually provides the easiest way to download and install Google Chrome on the device. Valve lets you install and use the Google Chrome browser via SteamOS. Here’s how to do it:
1. First of all, press the Steam button on the left side of the screen and select the “Library” option on your Steam Deck.
2. In the Library menu, press R1 and move to the “Non-Steam” tab.
3. In the “Non-Steam” tab, you will see a “Non-Steam Shortcuts” pop-up if you haven’t installed any app yet. It tells you that you can add and install non-Steam games here and that you can install Chrome to test out this feature. Well, click on “Add Chrome” and wait a few seconds for Google Chrome to install.
4. You will now have the Google Chrome browser installed on your Steam Deck.
That’s it! This is how you can install Google Chrome on your Steam Deck. You can now enjoy fast and reliable browsing, and access all your favorite websites and online services.
How to Install Google Chrome via Steam Deck Desktop Mode
While the above method is the easiest way to download and install Chrome, there’s also another method to download the Chrome browser on your Steam deck. You can Install Google Chrome via Steam Deck Desktop Mode. To do so, follow the steps below.
1. First, go to the “Power” option and tap the “A” button. This will open up a new pop-up menu.
2. On the power options, click on the “Switch to Desktop” option. This will turn off SteamOS and switch the Steam Deck to Desktop Mode.
3. On the desktop mode, click on “Discover” (store icon) on the Taskbar to access the software center for Steam Deck.
4. Here, click on the search bar and use the “Steam + X” shortcut to bring up the on-screen keyboard on Steam Deck. Search for Chrome. And, click on “Install” to download the Google Chrome browser.
5. Now, open Steam in desktop mode. On the left bottom, there should be a plus “+” sign. Click on it and select “Add a non-steam shortcut.”
6. Search for the Google Chrome shortcut and add it to the Library. The icon should now be shown up in game mode.
7. Or, you can tap the Steam Deck icon in the bottom left corner and search for Chrome. Once the Chrome shortcut appears, right-click on it and select the “Add to Steam” option.
8. Now, switch back to Game mode on Steam Deck and go to the “Non-Steam” tab to see the Google Chrome shortcut there.
That’s it! This is how you can install Google Chrome on your Steam Deck Via Desktop Mode.
How to Use Google Chrome in Steam Deck Desktop Mode
Accessing Google Chrome in desktop mode is a simple process. To use Chrome in Desktop mode on Steam Deck, follow the steps below:
- First, switch to the Desktop Mode on Steam Deck using the steps given in the linked article.
- Once in Desktop Mode, click on the Steam Deck logo in the bottom-left corner of the taskbar.
- Here, hover your mouse cursor on the “Internet” section to find the Google Chrome shortcut. Click on Google Chrome in the right panel to open the browser.
How to Uninstall Google Chrome from Steam Deck
To uninstall the Google Chrome browser from Steam Deck, follow the steps below:
- First, switch to the Desktop mode.
- Once in Desktop mode, click on the Steam Deck logo in the bottom-left corner to bring up the explorer. Here, find Google Chrome and right-click on Steam Deck to open the options menu. Then, select the “Uninstall or Manage Add-Ons” option.
- This will open up Google Chrome’s app store page in the software center. Next, click the “Remove” button on the top-right to remove the browser from your Deck. That’s it.
That’s it. Here are two simple methods to install Google Chrome on your Steam Deck. We have provided an in-depth step-by-step guide on How to Download Chrome on Steam Deck. We have also provided the steps to uninstall Google Chrome from your Steam Deck. So, if you found this article helpful then feel free to share it with others and also if you find any problem let us know in the comments below.
Also, Read Our Other Articles
- How To Disable This Call Is Now Being Recorded
- How To Play Roblox On A School Chromebook In 2023
- 9 Best Cool Google Snake Game Mods You Should Try