Are you not a big fan of Google Chrome’s Live Captions feature, which generates captions for audio as it plays in your chrome browser? If so, it has a very easy process to turn this feature off. In this article, we will show you How To Turn Off Live Caption In Chrome.
Before Proceeding to the main part, first, understand what exactly is google chrome live caption feature is. Chrome’s Live Caption feature automatically generates subtitles for audio as it plays in your browser. However, this feature is optional, and it’s very easy to turn on or off from Chrome’s Settings with just a click.
How To Turn Off Live Caption In Chrome
There are two ways to turn off live captions in Chrome. The first way is disabling this option in Chrome settings, and the second way is to disable the feature via Chrome’s media playback control buttons. Both ways to stop Live Caption are defined below.
How to Stop Live Caption in Chrome with Chrome setting
To stop live captioning in Chrome using the chrome setting, follow the below steps:
- Click the three dots in the top-right corner of the Chrome browser window to open the menu.
- Select “Settings.”
- Scroll down to the “Accessibility” section and click on “Live Caption.”
- Toggle the switch on the left to turn it off.
You are done. It will turn off the live caption instantly on your chrome browser.
How to Stop Live Caption via Chrome’s media playback control buttons
Alternatively, you can use Chrome’s media playback control buttons to stop live caption in chrome. This method is much faster and easy compared to the first method. Here are the steps to disable the Chrome Live Caption feature from the media playback control buttons:
1. First of all, start playing audio or video in the Chrome browser.
2. After that, click on the Media Playback Control button, denoted by three horizontal lines with a music note symbol next to them.
3. Turn the toggle next to “Live Caption (English only)” to the left to turn it off.
That’s it. These are the two ways to stop the Live Caption feature in Chrome. You can choose any one method that suits you better. I personally recommend you choose the second method. It is a lot easier than the first method. Also, If you like this article, please share it and if you have any other questions related to other Google Chrome features, let me know in the comments section below.
Also, Read Our Other Articles
- How To Fix Err_Internet_Disconnected Error
- How To Disable This Call Is Now Being Recorded
- How To Screen Record On Chromebook