Are you regularly receiving annoying pop-up flash messages on your Android phone from your carrier? Whether it informs you about the data usage and remaining data limit, these messages can be intrusive and annoying. If you’re looking for ways to disable this feature, then don’t worry we are here to help you. In this article, we will discuss How to Stop Flash Messages in Android.
Now, before going into the solution, we should first understand what exactly flash messages are. Flash messages also known as Class 0 SMS are popup messages that appear at the center of the screen. These messages are sent by network service providers to deliver information about the data usage, and remaining data limit and promote offers.
So, in order to get rid of these annoying pop-up messages you need to stop flash messages on your Android device.
How to Stop Flash Messages
The methods to stop Flash messages in Android differ slightly across network carriers. In this article, we will discuss the ways to disable flash messages in Airtel, Jio, Vi, and BSNL.
1. Steps To Turn off Airtel Flash Messages
Disabling flash messages on Airtel SIM cards is really easy for both prepaid and postpaid users. To do this, follow the steps given below.
1. On your Android phone, search for the “Airtel Services” app and open it. Then tap on the “Airtel Now” option.
2. After that, Tap on ‘Start/Stop’ and then tap on ‘Stop’.
That’s it, now you will no longer receive pop-up flash messages from Airtel on your Android smartphone.
2. Steps To Turn Off Flash Messages On Vi
There are two ways to stop flash messages on Vi. You can use any one method whatever you like.
Method 1: Using Vodafone SIM Toolkit
1. Open the “Vi menu Services” app on your smartphone and tap on ‘Flash!’.
2. Then, tap on ‘Activation’, and then tap on ‘Deactivate’.
Method 2: Send an SMS
For postpaid Vi users:
If you’re a postpaid user, send a message ‘CAN FLASH’ to 199
For prepaid Vi users:
If you’re a prepaid user, send a message ‘CAN FLASH’ to 144
That’s it. now you will no longer receive pop-up flash messages from Vi on your Android smartphone.
3. Steps To Turn Off Flash Messages On Reliance Jio
For Jio users, the process to disable Flash messages may be slightly different as compared to other networks. There is no direct way to stop this as there is no SIM Toolkit application available on Jio. Hence, here’s what you can try doing.
- Try uninstalling the My jio app from your Android phone and check if your Flash message is disabled or not.
- If that doesn’t work, you need to call jio customer care and ask them to disable it.
4. Steps To Turn Off Flash Messages On BSNL
1. First, open the “BSNL Mobile” toolkit app and Tap on “BSNL Buzz Service“.
2. After that, tap on ‘Activation’ and then tap on ‘Deactivate’ to stop BSNL flash messages on your Android phone.
That’s it. This was a complete detailed article on how to stop flash messages on Jio, Airtel, Vi & BSNL. By following the methods above you can easily disable the flash message of any network provider. If you have any problem with the step, feel free to ask in the comment section we will be happy to help you.
Also, Read Our Other Articles
- 5 Best Techniques On “How To Increase Internet Speed”
- How To Flush Or Clear DNS Cache On Android Devices
- How To Fix “Not Registered On Network Jio” | Problems & Solutions
- How To Convert Jio SIM To ESIM On Android And IPhone?